A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Danger Boys In The Country











Well, the boys have survived again! A trip to the country revolving around guns, motorcycles, bonfires, and biking on gravel roads has turned out to be uneventful, despite my constant worry and fear.













I know that with three boys and a fearless toddler, that I might as well get used to the fact that they love anything remotely dangerous, exciting, intriguing, and life-threatening...but I just can't. I spent my weekend just trying to keep everyone alive for one; two, from being maimed; and three, from disappearing into a field!









The older boys are easier to keep track of out there, for sure; but, now they want to do crazier hobbies. I really don't like the gun thing. I have decided that is a battle that I will never win with their Dad, so I just get extra-bossy and turn safety-hound. Jason gets really grumpy about that, but 1) I can't help it, and 2) it is the sensible way to be where fearless, impulsive little boys are concerned.















Here are some pics of them on their Honda 50. They don't get to ride it much because the grassy fields are too tall; but, Grandpa let them ride in the yard this time :) Sam is still a speed demon/daredevil. And Jack...well, let's just say he's a passive participant on the bike. When he was 3 and with training wheels, we used to think that he was falling asleep on it! Jason would yell "Jack turn, turn!" just to keep him focused. Now that he has to balance, steer, and brake without the training wheels, he's more attentive---but, he's not speed crazy like Sam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment