A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Weekend Away, Mid-Terms, Sick Boys, and a Time Change

This week we are in survival mode and I have a new-found appreciation for single moms who are commuting, taxi-ing, scheduling, achieving in the workplace, and attempting to produce four brilliant, well-nourished children!

It hasn't been that bad being the only adult in the house; but, I am WAY outnumbered. My strategy has been---prioritize! Priority number one is correct math homework and reading assignments for Sam (he takes most of the energy---that Saxon grade 4 math requires a lot of focus!). Priority two is food...some sort of healthy grub! And number three is BEDTIME, with brief moments of hugs/kisses/a bit of rocking/and reading the bedtime literature as quickly as possible, so I can flip off the lights :)) No, it probably isn't that frantic...but, it feels a bit like that in my mind. Then I try to escape from Ben (who is lurking around staircases and corners) so that I can finish up on crucial computer work.

This week's "after-kids-go-to-bed-task" has been creating my mid-term exam---definitely difficult to do with a 3 year-old on your lap (with his blankie and fat stuffed duckie!). I'm not sure WHAT I was thinking when I scheduled the exam the week after State Convention AND the time change! I feel like I lost some parts of my brain at the Lake, and what is left are black holes that are sucking the rest of my intellect into infinity! Hopefully I will recover soon...

The kids are recovering from a fun-filled weekend with G'ma and G'pa in Tipton....I'm glad that I didn't know, but the boys spent their time riding motorcycles, shooting BB guns and bow and arrows with G'pa; while Lydia played girlie-girl with G'ma....she got her first head of pink, puffy curlers :) I always hated those things; but she seemed willing to overlook the discomfort in order to enjoy the curls and the beauty attention!

A big THANKS and a kiss to my Mom and Dad who also took care of a very sick Jack! AND came up to KC Monday to take him to the Doc. He's recovering, but appears to have Mono-like symptoms...I recall those days...SUPER-tired. He sleeps nearly all day and night...very sad. But, I think he may be feeling better; because he's starting to annoy us again with goofy attention getting devices :)

Overall, I can't WAIT until Spring Break next week---I need some time to do nothing :))

Comment of the week...from 3 year-old Ben who is recently intrigued by his size, in comparison to adults.

He keeps asking me if my hands are big, if he's big, etc....yesterday, he was watching me pick up some clutter and said, "Mom! You are getting huge...just HUGE!" Ummm...thanks? Luckily, I think that he was comparing our heights :)) He seems to believe that I will keep growing! Sorry to disappoint little buddy, but five-foot is all....someday you will be towering over me and I will be saying "you're getting huge!"
That day will come sooner than I think :(

No comments:

Post a Comment