A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Quotes from a 3 Year Old

As he's wearing an alien mask and flying a Lego creation through the kitchen, Ben sincerely says,
"Mom, I'm tired. I think it's because my feelings hurt. I'm ready for bed." :))

"Oh really, where are your feelings? Where do you hurt?" I probed.

He was quiet for awhile. "Mom, where are my feelings?" he asked.

That's a tough one! Ready with my three year-old explanation, I said,

"Well, they are here and here," pointing to my heart and my head.

"Here and here? OK." and he ran off holding one hand over his cheeks and one on his neck!

Awww...totally sweet. Luckily that was all the explanation he required. I didn't have the energy to explain that feelings don't cause physical pain and make you tired....well, wait...yes they can I guess in certain circumstances. Perhaps his three year-old thoughts are not so basic after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment