A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year


Today we celebrated the New Year of the Chinese lunar calendar by attending a CNY party in Jack's classroom.
Lydia was his "show-and-tell", along with a huge photo book of his trip to China. She, dressed in her "China clothes," spent the morning entertaining Jack's friends while they learned about Chinese culture from a fellow parent who is a native of Taiwan.








After polishing off several Chinese confections, Lydia insisted on giving Sam a visit too as she dragged me down the hall towards his room. Luckily they were headed to music class anyway, so we weren't too much of an interruption---until she saw him and bounded across the classroom to hug him :-) So much for a polite entrance into the learning environment.










As I sat here looking at the pics---two ideas came to mind. One, I am so thankful for the cultural differences that my kiddos get to experience each day with their friends at school; as they learn that we may sometimes look different, but we are all the same on the inside. And second, my heart is full of joy when I see my guys love their sister without a doubt. They accept her entrance into their lives as a matter-of-fact and are so proud to have her as their sister...(smile)...

No comments:

Post a Comment