A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Adoption Complete: Vivian Officially Has a Family

Adding the red thumbprint to all signatures.  And, first time riding in the sling.  She loved it!



We met our guide in the hotel lobby this morning to sign the rest of the adoption papers and place the red fingerprint seal over every signature.  It is quite a procedure...Vivian did okay with her hand print, but I could see her studying the red all over her hands and looking from my red thumb to her red hand.  I can't even imagine what was going through her mind...but to me it was such a sweet symbol of the seal over our relationship...like a blood oath of sorts.  I will be your Mommy forever.




Back at the Civil Affairs Office  to pick up the adoption decree.


     

1 comment:

  1. To funny about the trains, van and acting like you were in a emotional moment... cracked me up!!! She is so sweet... how is Lydia doing? Is she finding all this interesting to see what might of happened when you got her? Thank you so much again for sharing this journey with us. It is beautiful to watch her become aware that you are her forever family. I think you are right about taking her into the orphanage and back out again, so she sees that she is going too. Plus she can show you off to her friends! I hope you are able to get pictures of her with her friends so she can "see" them when she is missing them and sad. Follow your mommy gut, not what others tell you to do! You are one smart momma!

    ReplyDelete