A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Will I Make It Home?



Time to get back to the routine...but will I ever get there?! My bags are packed, hung out at the beach for a bit, collected some white sand for the kids...tonight hanging with Aunt Sue, munching seafood dip and sipping wine, scouring the weather channel.

For the last day of my "vacation" I had a near freak out. Aunt Sue insisted on driving me over to Sanibel. The several bridges to get over there are surrounded by the Gulf....one to two miles of bridges! I REALLY dislike bridges....I mean really. Going over to the island, I felt somewhat okay...couldn't enjoy the beautiful view because my aunt kept gawking out and veering across the lanes. "breathe, breathe, don't imagine yourself splashing off into the blue abyss," I told myself..."anything in this car to bust out the window if we go over?" nope.

On the island, the driving tour was short...drove by a friend's house and decided to return to Ft. Myers. As we approached the bridge to go over the causeway, it started. Feeling nauseous, sweaty, my ears started ringing, space turning dark and closing in...uh oh, panic attack! Breathe, relax, nothing I can do, enjoy the view (hey, that rhymes). Then I thought, "If I pass out on the bridge, Aunt Sue will SURELY lose control of the car! Fight the fear!"
Well, we made it over and are safe...whew!
Paranoia overcome :)

Love the water, but only if I'm safely on the shore :) Now to get the plane landed and my car across the snowy state...can I afford property in Costa Rica? Serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment