A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

To Search or Not?

I just found a new yahoo group called Chongqing Sibling Find, for families who have adopted from the area (Fuling included). Here parents post pics and details about their child in hopes of finding any siblings/twins who have also been adopted.

I first went to the site in response to a plea from an acquaintance to look at some pics to id a baby. I went directly to the group, wondering if it would be a pic of Lydia...excitement, nervous, then disappointment...it wasn't her. But now the door is open and I'm wondering if I should walk through it.

If I post pictures, what will happen? Does she have a sister out there? If we find a sibling, then what? I'm sure there are many dynamics that surface from that. Am I ready for that...being connected to another family forever?

I'll think about it for a few days...it really can't hurt I guess. My best chances of finding a sib is to post her medical issues...am I ready to expose all of that to strangers with her pics? Geez, always so much, but could reveal such tremendous things...it would be so fruitful for Lydia. Nothing about having a little girl from China is easy, so might as well make everything even more exciting :) Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment