A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Monday, April 27, 2009

Ahhh...Spring.


Last night I enjoyed a quick stroll through the neighborhood. I refused to let any kids come...hmmm...in fact, I think they were all in bed EARLY! I took the opportunity to escape and what I experienced while I walked to clear my mind, was an overwhelming Spring greeting :)

The air was damp and warm/cool, with a brisk breeze. The smell of freshly cut grass and wet earth was mingled with the sights of bright pastel color in every branch---light green leaf buds; creamy white, lavender and hot pink blossoms. Birds chirped in the distance and lawnmowers hummed into the early evening while it was still light. Every sense was immersed in Spring and I realized again, "yes, spring is definitely my favorite." Only at this time of the year, are we surrounded by the visuals of a fresh start, new beginnings, and blooming life!

My walk was cut short, as the sky started to grumble; and throughout the night I was lulled by the steady stream of water falling from the sky....what a peaceful sound. Today was a day made for sleeping in. Gray, thunder, wetness...the perfect day for cuddling up with a warm drink, a long book, and napping the day away. Unfortunately, that type of day has vanished from my life. The last time I had a day like that was vacationing in San Diego several years ago with no kiddos...ah, serenity!

No comments:

Post a Comment