A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Saturday, February 28, 2009

From the Mouth of My Babe

Sam is such a jabber-box...often I wonder how he can possibly talk so much, even when no one is really listening! I can hear him blabbing from the moment he wakes up. Today I was hiding in bed at 6 a.m. I could hear the boys were up, and Sam was sitting in the kitchen monologuing to Jack about reptile facts or the inventions that he will someday create. I'm not sure how long I lay there listening to his muffled voice through the floor, but I remember marveling at how that boy can TALK!

A few of his funny notions today....

"Mom, which would you prefer to meet, a snake or a huge spider?" um...is that really all of the choices I get? "No really, which is least scary?" uh..that really depends...am I bigger than the spider and can smash it? or did the spider land on my face?

"Mom, I'm really glad I don't have a freaky mom like some people..." oh really, what would you consider that verbal battle we had yesterday about his math? I'd say I was a bit freaky....glad he doesn't think so after the fact. :)

"Mom, when I make my inventions, I think the first one will be some kind of hydro-planing helicopter-type thingy..." as he paces the kitchen on his Heelies (says they help him "think").

And the best of all, tonight....as they are worried about their Daddy leaving tomorrow...

"Dad, why did you have to get this new job? Are you ever coming back? I think you just need to find a new one....I think you should get a job working at Siki (the Japanese Steakhouse)...that would be a cool job. You know you get to grill and squirt fire at people..."

LOL!!! That coming from the totally-serious Pyro who just finished staring into the fireplace for an hour.

Oh, to be 9 again---when life is simple, dreams are yet to be accomplished, and anything is possible because your thoughts come to life through your nonsense blabber :))) And that's the way it should be....

No comments:

Post a Comment