A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Time to "get with it"

Well, I think that I do pretty well in keeping up with the times, picking and choosing what I participate in to stay "hip" and "with it." But, I guess I've been missing out on something...

I knew it was time to re-evaluate my "hip-ness" when Jack's sixty-something Kindergarten teacher asked, "You're on Facebook aren't you?" Hmm... "No," I replied sheepishly, "should I be?" Then she proceeded to tell me how neat it is to chat with old (and new) friends and that I was really missing out.

Well after that convo, I thought, "Isn't that for teenagers?" and went home to check it out. I was surprised to find as I searched for friends that "everybody" is on Facebook---except me! So, I sent out a few "invites to be friends" and now I'm a groupie too. This morning already, I chatted with several people that I haven't talked to in years! How cool! With a twenty-year reunion coming up, this techie-tool should be a great way to find people.

Maybe I have risen on the cool meter? Don't know about that, but it's amazing what we can do these days to stay in touch...now to figure out all of the stuff on FB, so I don't look like a newbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment