A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Saturday, February 14, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This has been circulating on FaceBook I guess, so I took the challenge of trying to think of 25 interesting things about myself. Posted here just for fun for those readers that aren't on FB--Andrea, I'm talking to you! It's kind of hard, but interesting what you come up with. Here's the list...

1. Been married for over 15 years and have known my husband since I was 14.
2. Have four children---three boys and one girl.
3. My daughter was born in China and is the most beautiful, cheerful toddler I've ever met!
4. I am a Speech Pathologist and now work as a Professor.
5. I owned a private practice for 5 years.
6. I lived in Southern California for 7 years---would move back there in an instant if we could afford it!
7. I would rather be at the ocean....
8. Before I die I want to publish something...magazine articles, novel...
9. I'm addicted to Chipotle burrito bowls.
10. My greatest fear is being trapped in a submerged vehicle...eeek!!
11. I've been in love twice, and married my best friend.
12. I've been to China twice, and climbed the Great Wall in two different sections.
13. -----should I put something here, since it's "13"---I'm a bit superstitious like my G'ma...she was always full of those little sayings to prevent bad luck...i still don't like to step on cracks or go under ladders..but my G'ma said if you say "bread and butter" when encountering those, you will save yourself! She was funny...Isn't that silly?
14. If I were stranded on a deserted island, I would insist on an unlimited supply of paper and pens as necessities---I would soon breathe my last if I couldn't write (I guess I could write in the sand with my finger, couldn't I?).
15. I'm very impatient and impulsive....geez, is this list done yet???
16. I'm VERY strong-willed, but can be agreeable... if it means I end up getting what I want....just kidding (not really).
17. I once lived in Austria for a summer, and found my Austrian friend on FB!
18. I don't like chocolate.
19. I love to do laundry! In fact watching the washer spin almost puts me in a trance and I sometimes find myself staring into it for a long time---am I normal?
20. I don't watch t.v.---too impatient and get annoyed with the ridiculous material on there.
21. I swear by supplements to avoid sickness and increase energy---Emerald Greens is my daily necessity and got me through endless nights with baby boys that don't sleep!
22. I dream in color and in events that are first person---what does that mean? not sure why I wrote that....I'm running out of stuff to say.
23. I love to play tea party with my young clients in therapy---fake chocolate cakes and pretty teacups are so fun! I guess because I know that isn't my real life :)
24. I'm married to a Navy Seal/007 wanna-be !
25. I once couldn't find my middle son (when he was 2) and thought he had been kidnapped from our yard. We found him about 7 minutes later---he had climbed in the car which was parked in the street, and was sitting in the back seat, sweaty and hot. The most frightening moment of my life....

Try it! It's kind of difficult to think of 25 interesting things...was for me anyway--perhaps I'm a bit lame!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading these. I knew all of them but one. I know you will get something published, but I don't know if you will ever get back to the beach.

    ReplyDelete