A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve at the Inn

We managed to get everyone ready for church and arrived almost
on time---it is not easy to get six people dressed up without a few tears. It was nice to be in my grandparents church again and this year they were able to go with us.




The boys and Lydia pose in front of the Inn and then the tree in the hearth room after church on Christmas Eve.










Before we put cookies out for Santa, they jumped into their jammies and headed to the game room. Jack, being the planner that he is, had brought a stash of coins and bills and was prepared to treat himself and Sam to video games and ping pong rental.


Then off to bed...it is definitely NOT easy for Santa to arrive in a hotel room, especially when they won't go to sleep...how does he do all of that in the dark???


I managed, but didn't get to sleep until almost 1 o'clock and was almost discovered by Ben. It was quite funny now that I think about it. I was prowling around on the floor like an intruder looking for the valuables (not very stealthy I might add) and a couple of times almost had to slide under the bed when I made too much noise!

What to do with the cookies so late at night...am I really supposed to eat those? I crumbled a few and discreetly disposed of the rest like usual---also difficult because my kids are snoopy. Maybe next year we should leave herbal tea and a Chipotle gift card...I'm sure Santa would be much more appreciative.



No comments:

Post a Comment