A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Concert


Tonight was the long awaited Christmas concert at the boys' school. They have been practicing for a long time and every now and then I hear snippets of Latin and Hallelujah verses ringing from my living room as they leap from a chair. The event gets better every year I believe and this year there were hardly any seats left, as the school is growing. As I watched, I was reminded of why we chose this school.


It warms my heart to hear my 6 year old singing actual Christmas songs about our Savior, rather than the cutesy songs in other school's holiday shows. And this year it was a treat to hear Sam's third grade singing an awesome Gregorian chant performed in Latin (a capella, too)...I believe a script written by David about the upcoming Savior. His class only has ten students and they did a marvelous performance!


It reminds me of the first performance we attended at his school 3 years ago when we saw the annual Shakespeare performance. We were trying to decide on a school and I was amazed at the abilities, ambition, and dedication of these young people and small group of parents---memorizing an entire Shakespearean script, the pleasant sound of young men singing in Latin, and most of all the demeanor and intellect of these young people that we witnessed in this little place....and an education encased in a Christian worldview. That night secured our decision for our kiddos to go here. We have loved it...the best teachers and dedicated families you could find in the Metro in my opinion! Anyway, wondering about a Classical Christian school? Let me know :-)











A few pics from last night (please excuse the poor lighting and strange eyes on the kids!5

No comments:

Post a Comment