A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Friday, October 9, 2009

Totally Amazing

Well, I've known this for about 2 months now....I have just ignored it and keep trudging through my day. Before I realize it, a week passes and I have done nothing about it. But now, it is starting to become a problem. I can't overlook it anymore!

What I have been pushing aside for all this time....is my purse. It is a cute metallic-type bag, about 12x5 in. (i.e. not too big) and it matches nearly everything. Because of it's sheen, alligator-type patten, and mono-chrome color it goes with black or brown...no need to switch purses. I carry it everywhere. And despite it's normal size, it can hold a ton; and THAT is the problem.

Tonight, I decided to clear out the mess in there, and this is what I found (get ready): 2 cute packets of half-empty tissues, a round retractable tape measure, a Gymboree brochure, an important receipt from Yong's alterations (can't forget to pick up that suit), a tiny case of business cards, a 4x4 bag (containing 2 tubes of lip gloss, a mirror, and 2 lip liners), 2 headbands, a small notebook (to write down those things not to forget), a case of dental floss, my wallet (which is so packed with junk that it is bursting open), my long lost comb, a 4 GB travel drive, more makeup, a penlight, a discarded chunky bead necklace, my lime green phone (hiding in the bottom of course), a fat tootsie roll (?? I hate those), 3 old Costco lists, a small "chip clip" (what!?), a new package of Burt's Bees lip balm (waiting to be opened), 2 Lego guys (one with his head missing), an empty bottle of Tylenol, 3 lint-encrusted pieces of spearmint gum (with the wrappers half off), 2 silver spoons (from yogurt lunches that were never eaten), 4 pony-tail holders, 5 pens and 2 markers, a large metal button (that came off my pants one day), a cool pair of handmade beaded earrings, a set of 8 University keys, 4 hair clips (two large and 2 small), a 2-inch stack of receipts, a speeding ticket (watch out in Lone Jack!), and $1. 86 in coins.....

Truly amazing. I'm really not kidding. ALL of this just came out of a little purse, that is smaller than a toaster!!! Now to decide what stays and what goes...hmm, it all seems somewhat important. Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment