A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flashback---4th of July

Some pics from the Fourth in Jeff. City...the boys got to spend the week before this with Gma and Gpa Kemper and Ben with Gma Poehlein....it was such a treat (for them and me!) I'm not really sure what Lydia and I did during that time. I think just recovery and maintaining mental health :) Seems this summer has been a time of recovering from the stress and anxiety of this past year. Thanks for the break Gma's and Gpa's---I hope to be back to normal soon, just in time for the school year to start :0


This picture cracks me up...lighter in hand, fingers in ears, running for cover! As they are getting older and more adept at the fireworks, I was reminded of what WE used to do---granted not when we were 6 years old, like Jack. But, we were just as crazy. This year, I got to sit in a chair at least for a little bit (until Lydia started getting into the firing range) and thought back on the 4th when I was young---picnics at someones house, watching fireworks at the Country Club where my Dad helped light them, playing Ghost in the Graveyard and Kick the Can in a friend's neighborhood. Ah, summer in a small town!

Again this Fourth, I spent sighing and battling the boys---who think they are invincible, can light anything, and are as careless as ever with a lit punk... :) Poor green army guys didn't stand a chance and were again blown up all over the yard. None of the real army guys left with holes or blood. BUT, Sam was proud to receive some minor battle wounds...his first firecracker that blew up in his fingers. Woo hoo! Luckily he had only singed skin and burn-rash on the tips (none blown off). He was more cautious after that.






Lydia was happy with a bag of poppers. I don't think she threw any of them hard enough to pop...you would think that would be frustrating; but she thought the idea was just to toss them out of the bag...2 year old success :)




No comments:

Post a Comment