A Little Laughter, A Little Emotion.....A Lot of Reality

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Passing the Time

The time here has been going more quickly than I thought.  Monday, our appt lasted most of the morning and then Jack was super-antsy.  We found a bowling alley nearby and then went to the mall.  We thought he would really enjoy the time alone with us...but he's being CRAZY!  I think he is trying to take in the eye problems and what the doc has told us so far.   We've also crept him into the fitness center to help release some energy! 

Today, we went down to the lobby to play cards and watch the snow swirl around the windows....that was after we aborted our trip to the Henry Ford Museum and scarcely made it back to the safety of our lodging.  We started out with high hopes...to see some cars (woo hoo).  But, as we got further into downtown, cars were flying all over the highway, smashing into the sidewalls.  Despite my best efforts to remain calm, the high-pitched complaining emerged.  I couldn't believe that we were risking our lives to go to a museum.  On a normal snowy day, I don't even leave my house except in emergencies.  Much to my surprise, Jason agreed to turn back.  About ten minutes at crawling speed on smaller highways and side streets, the radio announced that I-94 (our previous path) was now closed due to a huge pile-up and flipped semi.....a narrow (and harrowing) escape!

Today, a two hour nap and tonight, The Office :)  to the hospital at 6:45 in the morning for more testing under anesthesia.  They took our blood on Mon to do some genetic workups....hey, I didn't know I would need tests...needles aren't my favorite.  Honestly, if they could seep the liquid out of my retinas to put into his, I would do it in an instant.  If it were only that simple...it appears there is no fix for this problem.  I will work tomorrow on explaining it more thoroughly....now off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment